1) The Connected Dance Challnge App is not working or displaying correctly on my phone.
Answer: The Connected Dance Challenge app requires OS11 to be installed on one of the following compatible devices: iPhone 6s and above and the new iPad 2017 and iPad Pro tablets.
2) Video is not working on my app.
Answer: The iPhone 6s does not save videos using the video button on the Connected Dance Challenge app. We are waiting for Apple to make an upgrade to the operating system. In the meantime, you can use the OS11 screen recording function.
3) The app has no sound
Answer: More likely than not, the iPhone's ringer button is silent.
“Connected Dance Challenge” OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH YOUTUBE, LLC OR FACEBOOK.
BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO TO ANY CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE CONTEST ENTITIES (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
IMAGINATION HEALS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONTACT YOU REGARDING YOUR PARTICIPATION.
1. GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE CONTEST: The “Connected Dance Challenge” Contest (the "Contest") is a theme-based dance contest. To enter, each contestant (“You” or "Contestant") must create an original video embodying the Contestant’s group’s dance performance to the song “We Are All Connected.” Each Video Submission (in each case, a “Video Submission”) must: (1) be responsive to all instructions contained herein (2) be no longer than seven (7) minutes in length; (3) use the Connected Dance Challenge Upload App to schedule each Video Submission on Contestant’s own YouTube channel; (4) comply with the requirements of these “Official Rules”; and (5) include #ConnectedDanceChallenge in video title. These Official Rules describe the manner in which the Contest will be conducted and all themes/genres of the Contest will be described on a separate page on weareALLConnected.com. The Video Submission will be viewed by the public and you may be eligible to win the Monthly prizes if your Video Submission is selected by the Judges as described below.
Please read these Official Rules carefully as they contain important information about how the Contest will be conducted, including eligibility to enter, deadline dates for entry, and rules regarding Video Submissions that may be entered in the Contest. Contestants understand that dancing is a strenuous activity that may involve certain health related risks, including risk of physical injury. Participants must be in good physical condition and must have the physical capacity to participate in any activities associated with this Contest (including dancing) and accept all risks associated with such activities.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Video Submission are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize (or with parental consent if under 18 but over 13 years of age, but in any event no younger than 13 years of age). For the avoidance of doubt, this Contest is only open to individuals. Corporate and other entities are not eligible to enter. The Contest Entities (hereinafter defined) reserve the right to verify an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Contest (including, without limitation, that the individual has his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Contest, if applicable) by requesting proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the Contest Entities (including, without limitation, government issued photo identification). At any time during the Contest, the Contest Entities reserve the right to request any minor Contestant to provide a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian agreeing to the provisions of this section, as well as to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest Entities in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
Minors - Parents and Guardians: The parent or legal guardian of a Contestant who is at least 18 years of age but under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence: (a) will ensure that the Contestant (on behalf of whom such parent or guardian agrees to these Official Rules) will comply with these Official Rules; and (b) warrants that the Contestant, by virtue of the parent’s or legal guardian’s authority, is capable of agreeing to these Official Rules and giving the consents contained herein, including permission for parent or legal guardian’s minor child to participate in this Contest. The parent or legal guardian of each such Contestant agrees to indemnify the Released Parties (as defined below) from and against: (a) any claims made by the Contestant, his or her parent or legal guardian against the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and (b) any losses or damages (including any liability) caused by any conduct of the Contestant which is inconsistent with these Official Rules.
Ineligibility: Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (and their immediate family members and members of their same households) of Imagination Heals, BALANCE Edutainment, Contest Functionality Provider, or any of their respective parents, partners, affiliates, divisions and subsidiary companies, or any advertising or promotion agencies that do business with BALANCE Edutainment (collectively, “Contest Entities”) or YouTube, LLC and Google Inc., any and all other companies associated with this Contest (including any other institutions or individuals listed on the Contest Channel (as defined below) who are involved in judging, are not eligible to enter or otherwise participate in the Contest. In addition, any persons who are under any contractual or other obligation (including but not limited to talent agency agreements, distribution agreements, merchandising agreements, and guild and/or union memberships), that would prohibit them from participating fully in the Contest, or from allowing the Contest Entities to use the Video Submissions or from all rights being granted hereunder are also ineligible to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER - Each Contestant must follow the following procedures to enter the Contest:
a. Register on YouTube:
b. Upload your Video Submission: Once registered and logged onto YouTube, go to the Connected Dance Challenge site and then click “Submit Video.” Fill in the upload form and select the file to upload.
c. Include "#ConnectedDanceChallenge" in the name of your video submission.
d. Video Submission Period: Video Submissions must be uploaded between 12:01 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 1, 2017 and 11:59 am PT on December 31, 2018 (the “Video Submission Period”).
e. Number of Entries: There is no limit to total number of Video Submission per person.
f. Disqualification: Participants who do not abide by these Official Rules and other instructions of We Are All Connected will be disqualified.
4. SUBMISSION FORMAT AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
a. Technical Requirements: Your Video Submission must be provided in one of the formats accepted on the Channel.
b. Length and Language Requirements: All Video Submissions must be no longer than seven (7) minutes in length and including any tags.
c. Originality: You warrant and represent that your Video Submission(s):
i. is original;
ii. does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
iii. has not been entered in any previous Contest or won any previous awards;
iv. has not been published or distributed previously in any media; and
v. complies in all respects with the requirements which apply to you, as set forth in these Official Rules.
d. Third Party Rights; Music: Your Video Submission may contain music selected in your discretion. provided that the use of such music in your Video Submission(s) cannot violate the rights of any third-party and must not include any content that: (1) promotes any product or service other than one owned or branded by BALANCE Edutainment (including, without limitation, any corporate or commercial advertising, corporate logos, brand names or slogans), or (2) disparages the Contest Entities or their partners, customers, competitors or any third party in any way. DanceOn's determination as to whether the Video Submission potentially violates the rights of any third party is final. For the avoidance of doubt, Contestants acknowledge the Contest Entities are not responsible for any music clearance whatsoever, including but not limited to licensing costs or otherwise, in connection with any music utilized in a Video Submission other than the various versions of the Pacha’s Pajamas song “We Are All Connected”, all of which are cleared for use in this content.
e. Additional Content Limitations: Your Video Submission(s) must not promote or depict unsafe or illegal activities or inhumane behavior or activities and must not include anything in its theme or language that would offend parents whose younger children view the Video Submission, and must not include any nudity, sex, explicit activity, violence or drug use, or any references to same or any content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, trade libelous, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual, any Contest Entity, or any third party (as determined in Imagination Heals’s sole discretion).
5. SELECTION PROCESS:
a. A panel of judges, whose decisions are final, will evaluate the eligible Video Submissions based on the following Judging Criteria, where each criterion will be given equal weight (on a scale of 1 to 10 – with 10 being the highest possible score): (a) style, (b) adherence to and effective depiction of the announced theme for the Video Submissions, (c) cinematography, (d) quality of editing; and (e) overall creativity. Based upon these criteria, the Judges will select one (1) monthly winner for each of month that the contest (each a “Monthly Winner”). Each Monthly Winner will be notified and announced in accordance with paragraph 6 below. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in Judging Criterion (a), continuing thereafter to each Judging Criterion in order ((b) then (c) then (d), then (e)), as needed to break the tie. BALANCE Edutainment and the Judges reserve the right to disqualify any ineligible Video Submission.
b. Contestants agree that BALANCE Edutainment has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of BALANCE Edutainment are final and binding. BALANCE Edutainment reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Video Submissions. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): PRIZE: There will be a total of twelve (12) Prizes (collectively “Monthly Prizes”) awarded consisting of twelve (12) monthly prizes.
PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING:
The first challenge has a prize of $250.
Monthly Prizes will be a collection of natural food, health and play products selected with the sole discretion of BALANCE Edutainment.
Please note: All elements of the Monthly Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Monthly Prize will not be awarded. Monthly Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses are included in the Monthly Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Monthly Prize Winner. All Monthly Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
Prize Limit: one prize per family or household.
Odds of winning are dependent on number of entries received. By entering this Contest and accepting any Prize, the Contestants agree to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Contest or prize-related activity. The Monthly Winners and other Contestants who agree to appear at any event or media appearance associated with the Contest shall also follow the directions of BALANCE Edutainment or BALANCE Edutainment’s representatives in connection with such appearance(s). Each Contestant understands and agrees that BALANCE Edutainment has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Contestant or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the Contestant’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of BALANCE Edutainment or the Sponsor, or otherwise violates the policies of the Prize Provider. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in BALANCE Edutainment’s sole discretion. If legitimately claimed, all Prizes will be awarded.
6. NOTIFICATION: Once a Contestant uploads a Video Submission to the Channel it will be made available on the Channel for viewing by the general public subject to these Official Rules. All decisions are final and binding in all respects of the Contest and not subject to challenge or appeal. Each Monthly Winner will be notified via email on or about the 10th day of the month immediately following the applicable monthly period for which the Monthly Winner is selected, and upon verification and compliance with these Official Rules, each Monthly Winner will be publicly announced on the Channel on or about the 15th day of the month immediately following the applicable monthly period for which the Monthly Winner is selected. If a potential Monthly Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the originally-selected potential Winner may be disqualified and a runner-up may be selected, notified and announced in his/her place for the prize in question.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted herein or in any other agreement entered into between BALANCE Edutainment and any Contest Contestant, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up of the Contest, each Contestant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide right to make audiovisual and photographic recordings of Contestant (including at any event associated with the Contest) and to use, reproduce and distribute such Contestant’s name, likeness, Video Submission, and biographical information (including in connection with any audiovisual or photographic recordings taken by or on behalf of Sponsor) in any and all media now or hereafter known for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising or promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Contest, the Channel, reproduction, distribution and/or other use of the Video Submission(s), www.youtube.com/BALANCE Edutainment or the Contest or other promotions, in any language, throughout the world, in perpetuity and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation of Contestant and hereby release the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
8. OWNERSHIP RIGHTS:
a. All work and services performed by Contestant (in particular, any appearances performed by Contestant in connection with the Video Submissions, and all rights, title and interest thereto, including, without limitation, all copyrights (including all renewals and extensions thereof), trademarks and patents, shall be the sole property of and shall be credited to BALANCE Edutainment. To the extent possible or required under the applicable laws, including, without limitation, the U.S. Copyright Act, the results, products and proceeds of any and all work and services (collectively, “Results and Proceeds”) created, produced or worked upon by Contestant shall be considered “Works Made For Hire,” specially ordered and commissioned by BALANCE Edutainment for use, without limitation, as part of the Video Submissions or other audiovisual work. Accordingly, BALANCE Edutainment and its successors and assigns shall have the exclusive worldwide right in perpetuity to use and exploit the Results and Proceeds, in whole or in part, alone or together with other materials, in any manner without restriction via any and all media now known or hereafter devised without any compensation to Contestant or any third party on its behalf, and to edit, alter, modify, or create derivative works, and Contestant hereby waives any and all moral rights or related rights in connection therewith.
b. If such Results and Proceeds are not legally capable of being considered as Works Made For Hire, then, in such event, Contestant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) hereby irrevocably grants, transfers and assigns to BALANCE Edutainment in perpetuity all of the foregoing rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, copyright, and all extensions and renewals thereof, Contestant may have in or to such Results and Proceeds throughout the universe. In the event that under any current or future copyright law of any jurisdiction, any of the rights in or to the Results and Proceeds are subject to a right of termination or reversion, to the extent and as soon as legally permissible, Contestant agrees to accord BALANCE Edutainment rights of first negotiation for thirty (30) days and last refusal for fifteen (15) days to match any third-party offer in connection therewith. BALANCE Edutainment, at its discretion, may further use the name and approved biography (approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed) of Contestant (and/or its applicable employees) in connection with the Results and Proceeds. If Contestant is a corporation or other entity, Contestant represents and warrants that the services to be performed hereunder are to be solely performed by full-time employees of Contestant or pursuant to “work-made-for-hire” agreements which have been fully executed by both parties prior to commencement of work related to the Video Submissions. In the event the results and proceeds are not legally capable of being owned by BALANCE Edutainment as a work for hire, or being assigned to BALANCE Edutainment in accordance with the foregoing, then Contestant hereby grants to BALANCE Edutainment and its successors and assigns an exclusive worldwide license in perpetuity to use and exploit the Results and Proceeds in any manner without restriction via any and all media now known or hereafter devised without any compensation to Contestant or any third party on its behalf, including, without limitation, all rights specified above.
c. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, BALANCE Edutainment shall not be obligated to develop, produce, manufacture, publish, license, sell, distribute, advertise, exploit or otherwise make use of the Results and Proceeds created or worked upon by Contestant or to accord credit of any kind to Contestant.
d. Contestant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) hereby grants to BALANCE Edutainment the irrevocable right to use and record by any means whatsoever (including by Contestant himself/herself) Contestant’s approved appearance, name, approved likeness, voice, performance, approved biography, which approval will not be unreasonably withheld, (collectively, the “Recording”) and to edit the same (in BALANCE Edutainment’s sole discretion) and to copy, reproduce, summarize, copyright, publish, exhibit, distribute and otherwise exploit in any and all manner and media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, solely in and in connection with the Video Submissions and all allied, ancillary and subsidiary rights in the Video Submissions, and in advertising, publicity and promotion therefor and related thereto. Contestant also agrees that the Recording will be solely owned by BALANCE Edutainment. BALANCE Edutainment shall have no obligation to include the Recording or any portion thereof in the Video Submissions or on the Site, or to produce or exploit the Video Submissions or continue the same once commenced. Contestant agrees that his/her appearance in the Video Submissions does not constitute a performance within the parameters of a performing arts union or guild and under no circumstances will any monies be payable to Contestant or on your behalf regardless of the manner and the extent to which BALANCE Edutainment or its designees, licensee and assigns elect to exploit the Video Submissions or the Results and Proceeds of Contestant’s services hereunder. Contestant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has the full right to grant the rights granted hereunder. BALANCE Edutainment agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Contestant and his/her agents, employees, licensees and assigns from and against any and all third-party claims for invasion of privacy, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of the production, distribution, broadcast or exploitation of the Video Submissions or the Recording.
e. Except as permitted hereunder, Contestant shall not at any time use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative products from, exploit or disclose the Video Submissions or Results and Proceeds, or exploit in any way the use thereof, for any purpose in any medium whatsoever now known or hereafter devised in any language worldwide (including personal or professional uses) without BALANCE Edutainment’s express prior written consent.
f. Each Contestant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees that BALANCE Edutainment may, but is not required to, attribute a Video Submission to a Contestant. Each Contestant waives and releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any and all claims that Contestant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to the Released Parties’ exploitation of entries without further notification or compensation to participants of any kind, and agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Released Parties and each of their affiliates, licensees, or any other person in connection with this Contest, on the grounds that any use of any Video Submission, or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of Contestant’s rights therein.
g. Each Contestant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) acknowledges and agrees that nothing in these Official Rules will require a Contest Entity to use a Video Submission in part or in whole or to include a Video Submission in any Contest Entity-related property. Each Contestant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Contestant and any of the Released Parties is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Contestant’s decision to submit his/her Video Submission for purposes of the Contest does not place any of the Released Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Video Submission, other than as set forth in these Official Rules.
h. Each Contestant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) acknowledges and agrees that such Contestant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of a Contest Entity’s use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to a Contest Entity from other sources. Each Contestant acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the Contestant’s copyright in and to his/her Video Submission. Each Contestant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Contestant relating to or arising out of a Contest Entity's actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Video Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable participant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such participant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any Contest Entity-owned or Contest Entity-related material based on or allegedly based on the Video Submission, and Contestant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
9. TAXES/GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. No substitution of prizes permitted by winners. Prizes are not for resale, cannot be redeemed for cash, are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be used in conjunction with any discount, premium or rebate offer. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, photographs and likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of BALANCE Edutainment and will not be returned. Winners agree that BALANCE Edutainment Network, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and promotion agencies shall not be liable for injuries or losses of any kind resulting from acceptance of or use of prize. The Sponsor, Prize Provider and each of their officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors and assigns (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iii) are not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use of any prize, travel related thereto or from participation in this contest. Entries that are obtained through unauthorized sources are void. By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules. For the names of prize winners, send a stamped, self addressed envelope after October 1, 2015 to: “Winners’ List”, “Connected Dance Challenge” 5807 Fremont St, Oakland, CA 94608. REQUESTS RECEIVED WITHOUT A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE WILL NOT BE FILLED.
10. BALANCE Edutainment, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the Video Submission process or, as applicable, the operation of the Channel or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. BALANCE Edutainment further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Contest, for any reason, including, without limitation, if it is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort, or any other causes . Nothing in these Official Rules is intended to waive any claim that an applicant cannot unilaterally waive under applicable law. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. No waiver of any term or condition of these Official Rules shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
11. OFFICIAL RULES: This Contest is subject to these Official Rules which will be available via a link on the Channel. By entering the Contest, Contestants waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules, or the Contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of BALANCE Edutainment, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects.
12. DISCLAIMERS/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, deleted, destroyed or altered Video Submissions; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, errors, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Channel/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, as applicable; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, computer, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest process. Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in your e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify you, if your e-mail address does not work or if it is changed without prior written notice to BALANCE Edutainment. Proof of entering information at the Channel is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Contest Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information.
By participating, Contestants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Contest Entities, YouTube, LLC, Google Inc., those involved in the development, production (including contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Contest, and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Contest, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Contestants hereby further agree that Released Parties are not responsible or liable for, and that Contestants will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Released Parties harmless from and against, any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). The remedies provided for in this Section 11 shall be in lieu of all other remedies for any breach of these Official Rules, provided however, that the foregoing clause of this sentence shall not be deemed a waiver by any party of any right to specific performance or injunctive relief. Should any portion of the Contest be, in BALANCE Edutainment’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of BALANCE Edutainment, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Video Submissions, BALANCE Edutainment reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect Video Submissions received prior to action taken using the Judging Criteria outlined above.
Contestants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding. EACH PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: “CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, the Contest Entities, YouTube or Google are not responsible or liable to any Contestant or any person claiming through such Contestant for failure to provide the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Contest activities or the Contest Entities’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by BALANCE Edutainment in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
13. WINNER’S LIST/RULES: The names of the winners will be posted and may be obtained after October 1, 2015 and before December 31, 2016 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Connected Dance Challenge” Contest” c/o BALANCE Edutainment, Inc., 5807 Fremont St, Oakland, California 94608.
For a copy of the Official Rules, please visit BALANCE Edutainment.com/contests or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received on or before October 1, 2015 to “Connected Dance Challenge” Contest” c/o BALANCE Edutainment, Inc., 5807 Fremont St, Oakland, California 94608.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest, including without limitation any claim that this Agreement or any part hereof is invalid, illegal or otherwise voidable or void, shall be submitted to binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Contestants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and Contestant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. SPONSOR: BALANCE EDUTAINMENT: BALANCE Edutainment, Inc., 5807 Fremont St, Oakland, California 94608..
PRIZE PROVIDERS: TBD