Are you a nature detective? Take a look at the two images from Pacha’s Pajamas below. If you look really closely, you can find 8 things that are different between PICTURE “A” and PICTURE “B.” Click on the pictures if you want to see them bigger.
To see the answers, go to the bottom of this whole page.
NATURE DETECTIVE INVESTIGATION
Here are some conversations about the environment kids can have with their parents or other caregivers (grandparents, teachers, friends). We’d love to find out what you discover!
- What do you think is included in your local environment where you live? What are the important landmarks? Go outside and look around. Is there a big tree in your front yard or down the street? What kind of animals or other critters live in your neighborhood? Even though you can’t see it, is air part of your environment? What about pollution? Name as many things as you can!
- What are the most unusual or unique types of plants and critters in the city, county or state where you live? Are any of them at risk of extinction (disappearing so there aren’t any of them left)?
- What open space is protected for nature? Are there laws to keep the parks, forests, lakes, wetlands or animals safe from harm? What is being done to protect even more areas and creatures in your area?
- Where is pollution is being added to the air, water or land in your area? What species are most affected? What would the plants and animals say about this if they could talk?
- Who in your community is most affected by pollution? What is their story?
- What can be done to protect more of the environment or habitat for species and the health of people?
NATURE DETECTIVE GAME ANSWER KEY: